Wednesday 18 May 2011

Stuart clark quits,will manage T20 franchise

Stuart Clark, Cricket Australia, Big Bash, Sydney Sixers, Champions League Twenty20, New South Wales

SYDNEY: Former Australia bowler Stuart Clark has quit full-time cricket to concentrate on the administrator’s job he recently landed, his state team New South Wales (NSW) said on Wednesday.
The 35-year-old right-arm paceman, however, will make himself available when NSW compete in this year’s Champions League Twenty20 in India, provided it does not affect his job as general manager of the Sydney Sixers Big Bash League franchise.
“The Sydney Sixers is now my professional focus, however I will still be available to play in this year’s Champions League in India which NSW has qualified for… given that it does not impact upon my Big Bash League commitments,” Clark was quoted as saying in an NSW statement.
“I am going to continue playing club cricket as I still love playing the game, but more importantly I believe I can still help develop Australia’s future talent.
“Playing cricket has given me many opportunities in life and I feel by continuing to play club cricket I am giving something back to the game,” said the bowler who claimed 94 wickets in the 24 test matches he played from 2006-2009.
Clark also played 39 one-day internationals — his last was against Pakistan in May, 2009 in Abu Dhabi — claiming 53 wickets.

news covered by dawn sports

No comments:

Post a Comment