Thursday 16 June 2011

Samir Iftikhar to join Davis cup camp

Samir Iftikhar has won four ITF World Junior Tennis titles, only the second Pakistani player to do so after Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi. —File Photo


Pakistan’s tennis player Samir Iftikhar has been invited by the Pakistan Tennis Federation to join the Davis Cup Training Camp being held at the PTF Complex in Islamabad.
He will be reaching here on June 18 from London to join the ongoing camp.
Samir told APP from London that he is delighted to get the invitation to join the camp and he will do his best to lift the performance of the team in the coming Davis Cup tie.
“The valuable experience and opportunity provided by PTF will help me in getting a place in their four year plan for preparing back up players and will greatly help me to achieve my goals and bring glory for Pakistan,” he said.
“I am thankful to Kalim Imam for his patronage in helping me improve the level of my game by becoming a part of the camp and to help me get useful training from experienced coach from Jail Riaz,” he added.

news covered by dawn sports

No comments:

Post a Comment